Committees Announced.

Tennessee Firearms Association - Legislative Action Committee - announcements

Moderator: SomeGuy

Committees Announced.

Postby SomeGuy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Here they all are, I have posted the Judiciary, which is Democrat led. Looks like two more years of crap for us, unless the memebrs are pro-gun.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_143082.asp

Judiciary:
Coleman; Chair
Lundberg; Vice-Chair
Sontany; Secretary
Bass
Camper
Fincher
Stewart
Kelsey
Watson
Dennis
Matheny
Faulkner

Civil Practice:
Kelsey; Chair
Fincher; Vice-Chair
Lundberg
Dennis
Stewart
Coleman

Criminal:
Watson; Chairman
Sontany; Vice-Chair
Faulkner
Matheny
Bass
Camper

I admit to not knowing a lot of those names, but isn't Coleman the guy who voted against us before, a Niafeh Republican? If so, having him as Chair is not very comforting. The Criminal subcommittee looks somewhat promising, but not very. Of course, my analysis is not the best, I am not familiar with all of those names. John, how do things look from your perspective?
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Re: Committees Announced.

Postby Tim Nunan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Kent Coleman is the one that lied to the NRA on their survey so he could get a good rating (he got it) then proceeded to oppose every pro-gun bill presented. He won his seat that year by 43 votes as I recall.

We all know that Sontag is anti gun. Remember this question from her to a TFA member?: "Why would you go someplace where you would need a gun?"
Tim Nunan

Postby SomeGuy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:16 pm

What about getting the Speaker to show his bona-fides, and step in to vote for us?
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby johnharris » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:21 am

My preliminary count on the full judiciary is we will likely have 8 maybe 9 (Coleman) on at least most of our issues. I think we may have a one vote margin in the subcommittee. There are several first term legislators and we can at best estimate on their bio's at this point.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Mousegun » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:40 am

I sent this e-mail to them all and got a response from Mr. Bass this morning.

********Bob, thanks for writing, I am in agreement with you and will be voting as such. Thanks again, Eddie ***********

Sent: Mon 2/2/2009 7:44 PM
To: Kent Coleman; Jon Lundberg; Janis Sontany; Eddie Bass; Karen D. Camper; Vance Dennis; Henry Fincher; Chad Faulkner; Brian Kelsey; Judd Matheny; Mike Stewart; Eric Watson
Subject: Upcoming bills

Congratulations and many thanks for serving on a very important committee to an ever increasing number of Tennessee firearm owning and licensed carry residents.

You have the opportunity to change many restrictive laws that upstage our Second Amendment rights here in our State.

After being certified by Federal, State and local authorities, handgun permit holders constantly face numerous restrictions that make our personal protection choices difficult to follow within the limits of current laws. I'm sure you all are familiar with the drill of how criminals do not follow laws and by passing or holding on to anti-firearm measures, honest people are the only ones affected.

We have proven ourselves to be law abiding and request your assistance in the removal of some of these antiquated laws.

Please strongly consider support of the bills that are endorsed by the Tennessee Firearms Association.

Thank you for any consideration.
Mousegun

Return to TFALAC