Who Carries What?

A place to discuss what you carry, what you load it with and how you lug it around all day!

Moderators: David Lewis, tjbert47

Re: Who Carries What?

Postby Chut1st » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 am

Depends on the situation and season.

A Kimber Pro-Carry Stainless II in .45 ACP with two spare mags most of the time or a Taurus Ultra Lite Titanium stoked with Federal .38 Spl. +P when on the motorcycle or if concealment is more difficult.
The Second Amendment - the original homeland security

NRA - Benefactor Member and Instructor
Safari Club International - Life Member
Law Enforcement Alliance of America - Life Member
CCRKBA - Life Member
Chut1st

Postby fl0at » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 pm

David Lewis wrote:Get a real concealment holster & you'll be surprised how much more you can carry it without printing!

Yes sir, I've been on the ropes about a IWB holster for a while. I got the Fobus because I was in a position where I had to take the whole rig off several times throughout the day to enter specific establishments. Now that that isn't as big of a deal, I've been looking around for holsters.

I know I want something solid leather, just haven't gotten around to actually finding one and purchasing it, being somewhat happy with my mouse gun.
fl0at

Postby David Lewis » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:35 pm

fl0at wrote:
David Lewis wrote:Get a real concealment holster & you'll be surprised how much more you can carry it without printing!

Yes sir, I've been on the ropes about a IWB holster for a while. I got the Fobus because I was in a position where I had to take the whole rig off several times throughout the day to enter specific establishments. Now that that isn't as big of a deal, I've been looking around for holsters.

I know I want something solid leather, just haven't gotten around to actually finding one and purchasing it, being somewhat happy with my mouse gun.

If a paddle is a necessity, check out Kramer's MSP. http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=18&categoryID=25

If you're after IWB, in addition to Kramer, check out Ken Null, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, & if you can find one, Lou Alessi. There are other quality makers out there, but these take a back seat to no one. I have experience with all of them except Null--and people I respect & trust use his leather, so I wouldn't hesitate to do so, if the design suited me.

Regards,

David
David Lewis

Postby price g » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:36 pm

G33 in CompTac paddle
price g

Postby lilredhunter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:22 am

Boy Howdie many on here carry some nice guns. Expensive one at that.
All I carry depends where I am going. If it is church I carry .22 Taurus PT22.
If we are just going out I usually take my K frame S&W .357 magnum.
If I am just running to the store I will throw a .22 Derringer in my pocket.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby Rdh605 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:35 am

Gen 3 Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro everyday carry in a Fobus Holster
Rdh605

Postby netmindr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Depends on the level of concealability I need.

If I'm wearing shorts where I cannot carry IWB or somewhere I'd rather not be made like church, then it's the LCP in the front pocket in an UM pocket holster with the Pearce +2 magazine extension because 8 + 1 always beats 6 + 1.

Otherwise it's between the Taurus PT145 and the Springfield XD9sc. The Taurus is marginally lighter and easier to conceal but the Springfield offers 3 more rounds. If I'm going somewhere that it's likely to get bumped or scratch, like out in the field, then the Taurus is the easy answer. The Springfield is perfect for home defense with the 16 round mag - until I can get to the 12 ga.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." ...Benjamin Franklin
netmindr

Postby tdfirearms » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Depends on what I am wearing and where I am going.

Usually Taurus PT99 (9mm), concidering upgrading to Glock 31 (.357 sig)
Other handgun is S & W 638 (.38+P) Very nice light weight handgun.

Both with Federal Hydro-shock ammo.
tdfirearms

Postby Grunt67 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Glock 22 40 S&W...LaserMax internal..Ghost connector..decal grips
Same for my service weapon, minus the add-ons.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin.....1759
Grunt67

Postby tnxdshooter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:42 am

I carry a Springfield Armory XD .40 4" service Stainless bi-tone in a DM Bullard Dual Carry holster. I also carry a Taurus PT 709 slim 9mm in a pocket holster in a front jeans or shorts pocket. The XD has a laserlyte rl-xd laser (rear sight laser) that does not snag or activate itself when the gun is holstered, on the front of the xd is a trijicon night sight. The taurus is just a plain jane pocket gun.
tnxdshooter

Postby jarhead » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Replaced my Sig 229 with an HK45c.
IWB holster and Ranger T series 230gr HP.
The LORD [is] on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? -- Psalm 118:6
jarhead

Previous

Return to Self Defense - Guns & Gear