Wear Your Gun!

A place to discuss what you carry, what you load it with and how you lug it around all day!

Moderators: David Lewis, tjbert47

Re: Wear Your Gun!

Postby Rdh605 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm

The company I work for has a firearms ban in the building....I walk 5 blocks from where I park to my office everyday unarmed. :x I hate locking my gun in the truck and trying to hide it in case my truck gets broke into. :cry:
Rdh605
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: It's a shame...............

Postby ProguninTN » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:09 am

bobsguns wrote:
Ed__357 wrote:"Carry everywhere you go" - just don't shop at malls in Tennessee.



I have yet to see a mall posted in the Nashville/Mid TN area.......................


Cool Springs Galleria is posted. (The postings are at the entrances to the parking lots. The text is small so one must look closely to see them.)

I agree that TN should adopt a law similar to KY's.
ProguninTN
ProguninTN
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Middle TN

Re: It's a shame...............

Postby David Lewis » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm

ProguninTN wrote:
bobsguns wrote:
Ed__357 wrote:"Carry everywhere you go" - just don't shop at malls in Tennessee.



I have yet to see a mall posted in the Nashville/Mid TN area.......................


Cool Springs Galleria is posted. (The postings are at the entrances to the parking lots. The text is small so one must look closely to see them.)

I agree that TN should adopt a law similar to KY's.


Do you mean the direct entrances into mall from the parking lots...as opposed to the driveways into the parking lots from the roads?

I've never seen signs on the roads.

David
David Lewis
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:30 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: It's a shame...............

Postby Tim Nunan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:52 pm

bobsguns wrote:
Ed__357 wrote:"Carry everywhere you go" - just don't shop at malls in Tennessee.



I have yet to see a mall posted in the Nashville/Mid TN area.......................


College Square Mall in Morristown has very small, correctly word signs at all the entrance roads to the mall. You have to stop, get out of the vehicle and walk up to them in order to read them. I had driven by them for months if not years and only noticed them after being told about them.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:24 pm
Location: Russellville, TN

Re: It's a shame...............

Postby ProguninTN » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm

David Lewis wrote:Do you mean the direct entrances into mall from the parking lots...as opposed to the driveways into the parking lots from the roads?

I've never seen signs on the roads.


David


The driveways to the parking lots have the signs. In order to get to the lots, you'd have to pass the signs. (I presume by posting them on the roads leading to the lots, their intent is to prohibit carry both in the buildings and on the parking lots.) However, the signs are easy to miss. As of 8-9-09 they were still there. (I was at the mall taking advantage of the sales tax holiday.)
ProguninTN
ProguninTN
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:55 pm
Location: Middle TN

Re: Wear Your Gun!

Postby netmindr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:52 am

Rdh605 wrote:The company I work for has a firearms ban in the building....I walk 5 blocks from where I park to my office everyday unarmed. :x I hate locking my gun in the truck and trying to hide it in case my truck gets broke into. :cry:


That is what irritates me the most about places that post. Not only are they disarming you on their property, but also as you walk from your vehicle to the building. There needs to be legislation that will allow permit holders to carry to their destination armed, then disarm upon or immediately after entering.

If you're walking 5 blocks I'm guessing it's in a downtown setting which is typically where you are most likely to need it. What's the chances of going armed, then discretely going to the restroom to put it in a briefcase or bag? That's what I would be likely to do.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." ...Benjamin Franklin
netmindr
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:57 am
Location: Smyrna

Previous

Return to Self Defense - Guns & Gear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron