Legal Clip Size

A place to discuss what you carry, what you load it with and how you lug it around all day!

Moderators: David Lewis, tjbert47

Legal Clip Size

Postby oiler » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Planning a visit to TN (Gatlinburg area) from Ohio. Some areas of Ohio allow the use of a 15 round clip with a CCW. Am trying to find out if the use of a 15 round clip is legal in TN. Are there any special ordinances/prohibited areas in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. Is concealed carry permited in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park? Please direct me to the proper reference material. Thanks.
oiler

Mag size

Postby John Sides » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:56 pm

Oiler carry what you want in Tennessee. Be safe and enjoy.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
John Sides

Postby enfield » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:16 am

Concealed carry isn't allowed in ANY National Park. You can, however, unload your firearms and case them and you'll be legal in the parks. I'm not a lawyer, but I have been in a National Park in the last couple of years.
- enfield
enfield

Postby The Rabbi » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Second on the national parks question.

We dont allow clips in handguns because, with the exception of the Broomhande Mauser and the Steyr-Hahn, handguns dont take clips. They do take magazines though and there is no restriction on what size magazine you can put in your handgun.
"Every stink that fights the ventilator thinks its Don Quixote."
The Rabbi

Return to Self Defense - Guns & Gear