Springfield XD .45acp Review

A place to discuss what you carry, what you load it with and how you lug it around all day!

Moderators: David Lewis, tjbert47

Springfield XD .45acp Review

Postby Thumpszilla » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:49 pm

I purchased my XD .45 acp about 2 weeks ago and have since put about 300 rounds through it . My wife bought a Glock 23 .40 S&W and has put about 300 rounds through it as well. Earlier today I was taget shooting at my dads and was shooting one handed with my XD then my wifes Glock 23. The XD has noticibly lighter recoil and muzzle flip as opposed to the glock 23 and has a much better sight picture and faster target aqisition. During this shoot I was using Winchester White box 230 grain FMJ's in the Xd and Winchester White box 165 grain FMJ's in the Glock.

I also much prefer the speed loader with the XD over Glocks hands down. The XD also comes with a holster and double mag pouch and 2 13 round mags. I did not care for the factory holster much so I opted for a Blackhaw CQC holster instead and I have never been a fan of belt mag pouches so I will be making my own shoulder mag rig.

As far as groups go with the xd the groups are really tight I get about 1" at 15 yards on 5 rounds and 13 rounds. I just need to get used to this gun more I shoot high and right consistantly.( I think it is my stance)

In comparison to other .45's the grip is noticible smaller than the glock with less recoil and muzzle flip. It also has less muzzle flip than the springfield 1911's

In closing I give the gun an 8.9 out of 10 : Reasons are the availibility of extra mags and I would add fiberoptic sights I am not a fan of all white dot sights. Also mag release is rather stiff.
There are over 550 million firearms in circulation. That comes to about 1 firearm for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is how do we arm the other 11? – (The Movie) Lord of War (2005)
Thumpszilla

Return to Self Defense - Guns & Gear