Military surplus shooters?

A place to discuss what you carry, what you load it with and how you lug it around all day!

Moderators: David Lewis, tjbert47

Military surplus shooters?

Postby lotechredneck » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:36 am

Are there any Military surplus shooters out there?IF SO ,what have you got?I have two Enfields ,a no.1 and a no.4.I also have two cz-52,s and a Bulgarian Makarov. :D
lotech redneck
lotechredneck

Postby The Rabbi » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:20 pm

MilSurp offers the most economical shooting, imo. I have several Enfields, Mosin Nagants, Steyrs, etc etc and ammo to go with them at my shop. I usually recommend said handguns. They are not high-tech state of the art design but they work consistently.
"Every stink that fights the ventilator thinks its Don Quixote."
The Rabbi

Need a Mosin carbine

Postby marshall » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi Rabbi!

I had a long Mosin, and sold it last year, for money to buy a Kel-Tec P11. However, I've got the itch for a Mosin carbine, and shall be on the look out. Mosins are heavy duty fun to shoot, and the ammo is relatively cheap.
marshall

Postby SomeGuy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:50 am

I really like milsurps. Even went and got myself an FFL (C&R).

Favorite still has to be the good ole M1 Garand.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby JTravis » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:59 am

Yeah, I love the mil-surp rifles. Got (at the moment) an all-matching 43 BYF K98, an M1D Garand, and am working on semi-auto versions of the Browning 1919A6 and the MG-42. Also an AK underfolder and an AMD-65, for the more modern arms. That's it at the moment for rifles. My little Luger doubles as my carry pistol, and I was given a partial ASM kit of an 1860 Army Colt replica that I am tinkering around with. (edit: the Colt 1860 Army got finished and needs to go out shooting, and I also just added a semi-auto kit for a Colt 604 Air Force vietnam-era M16 and an old 8mm Carcano to the fold.)
Those who fail to defend their rights will live under the rules of those who don't.

JTravis

Return to Self Defense - Guns & Gear