Anti-gun response from applebees

List the property or business name in the title. Please provide backup support such as photos, letters, website links, news reports, etc. Please provide contact information when available.

Anti-gun response from applebees

Postby MitchSchaft » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:02 pm

Saw this on another forum

I am pleased that you are a guest of Applebee’s in San Antonio and I hope your patronage will continue but it will not continue with you carrying a concealed weapon into one of our restaurants. We have a notice posted in all of our lobbies asking that this not occur.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.p ... genumber=1
MitchSchaft

really...

Postby GGUNSHOP » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:23 pm

they havent done this in TN.....yet have they????
Phillip Arrington
Goodlettsville Gun Shop
602 S. Main St
Goodlettsville Tn 37072
615-859-8822

ggunshop@bellsouth.net

http://www.goodlettsvillegunshop.com
GGUNSHOP

Postby MitchSchaft » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:24 pm

I follow the don't ask don't tell policy. Plus, I haven't seen it posted in my neck of the woods.
MitchSchaft

Re: really...

Postby marauder » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:02 pm

GGUNSHOP wrote:they havent done this in TN.....yet have they????

they don't have to since they serve alcohol. it's illegal to carry there because of that. seems like that's the last time i'll be eating at applebees. :(
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Applebee's response

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:51 pm

Ok, this got my blood boiling and I wrote the president of Applejam (Franchise for Applebees in Texas), and I received the following reply.

Dear Douglas,

A message from Frank DeAngelo, President of Applejam of Texas, Inc.:

Thank you for your note. I have determined that my Applejam Applebee's
restaurants will be consistent with our parent company's (Applebee's International) practice of not posting signs prohibiting licensed, concealed handguns. Therefore, in the Applejam of Texas' Applebee's restaurants, we will not post signs prohibiting licensed, concealed handguns.

I look forward to your continued patronage of your local Applebee's
Neighborhood Grill & Bar.

Sincerely,

Frank DeAngelo
Ref # 141319

Mute point with Applebee's

Postby Bill Kaylor » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:32 pm

As was already pointed out, since they do serve alcohol, whether they have posted or not, in Tennessee we still can't legally carry on premises. We just can't seem to get that bill through the legislature..... at least not yet anyway. :(
"Our Founding Fathers defined tyranny as 'unelected officials making law' " (Patrick Henry College President Michael Farris)
Bill Kaylor

Re: Mute point with Applebee's

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:45 pm

Bill Kaylor wrote:As was already pointed out, since they do serve alcohol, whether they have posted or not, in Tennessee we still can't legally carry on premises. We just can't seem to get that bill through the legislature..... at least not yet anyway. :(

That I know; I was just supporting other people in states that do allow you go carry into a restaurant.
Interesting fact, MI, which became a shall carry state about three years ago, just passed a law, effective July 1, to allow carry into restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages. MI, is a rather liberal state too.

Postby Datawatch99 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:14 pm

There are still some "dry" counties in Tennessee, where no alcohol can be served by the drink in a restaurant. I assume that as long as the individual restaurant doesn't serve alcohol and is not posted, you can carry, even if the rest of the chain does serve alcohol.

One case that I know of personally, the O'charley's in Pigeon Forge, does not serve alcohol (as of my last visit in '02). I didn't notice a posted warning on the door, as I left the gun in the car out of habbit before going into a restaurant.
Datawatch99

Postby Animal » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:56 pm

Interesting fact, MI, which became a shall carry state about three years ago, just passed a law, effective July 1, to allow carry into restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages. MI, is a rather liberal state too.

There are some restrictions on that too. Just moved from there. it has something to do with the amount of alcohol sold. this determines if you can carry or not. like an applebees has most of their income from food then it would be ok. but say Joes bar that gets most of his revenue fom drinks then that would be a no no.

Nice Michigan site for info www.mgouc.com
Craig

Father
Husband
Grandpa (ouch)
Tennessee Real estate agent @ Third Tennessee Realty & Associates LLC
www.thirdtnrealty.com
e-mail craig.cardwell@thirdtnrealty.com
Animal

Re: Anti-gun response from applebees

Postby lostcause380 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:02 pm

I was in the Applebee's in Athens Tn a couple weeks ago and they have a sign that reads" No Handguns Permitted Regardless Of State Law"
lostcause380

Return to Posted Properties - General